Success Samba 4.0.3 implementation

Gustavo Prada gprada at shalomsas.com
Fri Mar 8 08:24:19 MST 2013

Hi Samba Team.

Recently I installed Samba 4.0.3 with bind_blz on a network with 300
Windows clients. Everything goes well, except by the groups access
definition on a share. It doesn't work, doesn't validate members of a group
and the share resource always prompts for a login account. The only way
that I found is to assign groups on a folder directly.

The winbind library has been loaded on my system and the getent passwd and
getent group commands are succesfull.

Here's my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = FOPAEDOM
realm = FOPAEDOM.LOCAL
netbios name = SINOPE
server services = -dns
template shell = /bin/false
winbind use default domain = yes
wins support = yes
os level = 65
syslog = 1
log level = 1
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = Yes
        map archive = No
        map hidden = No
        map system = No
        map readonly = No

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/fopaedom.local/scripts
read only = No

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /usr/local/samba/var/spool
    browseable = Yes
    read only = No
    printable = Yes

[sysvol]
read only = No

[homes]
    comment = Directorios de Usuario
    path = /home/FOPAEDOM/%S
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
    vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit
    ;full_audit:success = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename
    ;full_audit:failure = connect opendir disconnect unlink mkdir rmdir
open rename

[Tecnologia]
      path = /home/Shares/Tecnologia
      comment = Sistemas