FSRVP samba configuration problems

Teng-Feng Yang shinrairis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 02:59:36 MST 2013

Hi,

I watched the video of a nice talk given by David Disseldorp about the
remote snapshot(FSRVP) implementation on samba recently, and I want to
give this new feature a whirl.
I checkout the heads "async_rpc_copy_chunk_fsrvp_snapper_demo_wip"
from gitweb.samba.org/ddiss/samba.git and successfully compiled and
installed it on my ubuntu system.
I make a btrfs volume and mount it under my own home directory and
create the root account with smbpasswd.
Then I type "rpcclient -U root 127.0.0.1" to connect to the rpc_server locally.
However, when I try to take a snapshot with "fss_create_expose backup
ro {share_name}", it returns NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL with error code
0x80070005 (ACCESS DENIED).
It looks like my root account does not have the right to perform
backup operations.
Should I use domain-level authentication to get it done?

Any help would be grateful!
Thanks

Dennis Yang