samba 4 as AD DC on centos 6.3 (proxmox container)

Stijn Dumon stijn.dumon at farmaka.be
Wed Mar 6 08:38:39 MST 2013

I Just finished basic setup of samba 4 as an ad dc on a Centos 6.3
container.
I used the rpmforge repo as a source for samba 4.

Setup with the provisioning tool was quite easy,

I had some "trouble" configuring acl and stuff on the nfs-mounts inside
the proxmox-container, but that had nothing to do with samba.

documentation for configuring  the "homes" is also very limited, though
just adapting /etc/nsswitch.conf so it uses winbind for passwd and group
got it up and running (the commands:  id USERNAME and getent passwd were
usefull to confirm that thing work as they should)

so, now on to adding users and testing

Stijn