Provision

Bjoern Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Wed Mar 6 06:56:56 MST 2013

Hi!

On 03/06/2013 12:06 PM, Serge NOEL wrote
> i would like to know how provision program behave. Is there someone who
> can help me to discover requiore steps made by provision.
>
> I am in plan to create a 'dcpromo' gui like program and need to know the
> different steps done by provision. I made a look in the provision
> sources but, being not aware with python, i have some difficulties to
> reverse engineer it.

Depending on the way how you want to implenent the program, you don't
need to know how provision works internally. samba-tool domain provision
--help lists the possible options.
Rewriting the provision command is not recommendable.

I wrote a basic dcpromo script in bash using guis via "dialog". The
script is as a part of the SerNet Samba4 Appliance:
http://www.enterprisesamba.org/samba4ad/samba-4-appliance/

Best regards,
Björn

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de