samba4: change IP address

Dirk Gouders dirk.gouders at w-hs.de
Fri Mar 1 02:12:25 MST 2013

Hello,

I already asked this on the "samba" list but did not receive a response,
please excuse the noise should my question beeing answered in parallel.

We are running samba4 with bind9.8 (on a separate host) and a samba3
file server.  Because of changes in our network structure I need to
assign new IP addresses to all hosts and I am a bit unsure if I am
missing necessary steps when assuming that all samba needs to be done is
just editing the according zone file (while taking care for the journal,
of course).

Are there important things I am missing and that will get me into
trouble when re-starting samba after having changed the IP addresses?

Best regards,

Dirk