Samba 3.6 vs 4.0, and packaging.

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Tue Jun 25 03:16:40 MDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:56:16PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> I understood that the packages come from the Distro suppliers, but at the
> moment none of them seem to work the same as if you compile S4 yourself, if
> you get my meaning. From your instances: SerNet seems to want to change all
> the binary names to start with sernet, Fedora does not want you to use an
> S4 AD, they want you to use IPA ( I prefer my IPA out of a bottle ;-) )

I am not aware of any binary that starts with the prefix "sernet" in our
packages, do you have an example?

The package names and the init scripts start with "sernet-samba", to be
able to be different from the original packages, but that
should not be a problem.

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto:kontakt at SerNet.DE