tevent_loop_wait() never finishes

Mon Jun 24 13:25:07 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 09:56:31AM -0400, Simo wrote:
> >If I understand this correctly, the sig_pipe_handler is useful
> >only when there exist any signal handler. So when there is no
> >signal handler, the sig_pipe_handler should be removed so it does
> >not prevents tevent_loop_wait() to finish, right?
>
> Currently it is not like that, but yeah I believe the original
> design of tevent was to get out if no events were available. Can you
> open a bug in bugzilla about this ?

Yes, this would be my understanding too. I'm not sure though
if we should mess with adding and removing the signal pipe
fd every time we go from 0 to 1 signal handlers and back. We
should check whether the signal fd exists and if it's the
only one, exit loop_wait.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de