can't build latest master

Christian Ambach ambi at samba.org
Thu Jun 20 07:07:07 MDT 2013

Hi Andrew,

On 06/20/2013 02:54 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

>> I can reproduce this locally on my F17 when renaming
>> /usr/include/openssl/md5.h to something else.
>>
>> Culprit is the a define made in that case
>> #define MD5_CTX struct MD5Context
>>
> I tried to cope with a case where the system had an md5.h, but it used
> struct MD5Context but not MD5_CTX.  This may well not be needed, it was
> a belts and braces thing that clearly has gone wrong, and the whole line
> could be dropped.
>
> Either that, change:
>
> typedef struct MD5Context {
>          uint32_t buf[4];
>          uint32_t bits[2];
>          uint8_t in[64];
> } MD5_CTX;

> struct MD5Context {
>          uint32_t buf[4];
>          uint32_t bits[2];
>          uint8_t in[64];
> };
>
> In md5.h
>
> You might now see why I said I wasn't sure this was worth the pain :-)
>
> What do you think?

As this seems to be a minefield, we should maybe go down the road you
wanted to avoid: move to a struct samba_md5ctx and get proper adapters
for various system libs into place.

As a quick band-aid to repair master builds for users, we could use
either mine or your approach: I do not have many systems handy to do
some due diligence of the potential combinations. But there is a risk
that this then breaks another platform.

Cheers,
Christian