OS X 10.9 Maverick

Tue Jun 18 11:02:42 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 04:30:59PM +0200, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Apple is moving to SMB2 as the default filesharing
> protocol in it's next OS X incarnation 10.9 Maverick:

A VERY interesting question will be whether it will be able
to issue parallel requests. I very regularly earn a lot of
money by telling people that Samba can not do much about
OS/X doing what we used to call rabbit-pellet mode, i.e.
sending sequential, very small requests. If that is still
the default for their SMB2 implementation, I think people
should better stick with AFP.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de