Samba and logoff event

Alex Winzer alex.e-mail at gmx.de
Fri Jun 14 16:42:10 MDT 2013

Hello,

first of all thank your for your great work on Samba. I'm using it for
years and I'm kind of satisfied. Second I don't know if this is the
right list to ask. So I#d be thankful for any advice were to put it right.

I'm using samba as a primary domian controller mostly for Windows XP
clients with roaming profiles. I have two offices and so I'm using samba
as a file server only from that second office. This I wanted to change.

I already did some research on the internet, how to syncronize these
profiles. There seems not to be an event fired by samba if a user does a
logoff from PDC. That's why some people offer a solution by using a cron
job to keep the profiles the same. Others use a construction of
smbstatus and grep or netstat and grep to simulate this.

So here my questions:
1. Does samba have such kind of event?
2. If it has, how can I handle it / find some information about?
3. If it doesn't, would it be possible to insert such kind of event into
future versions of samba?

Thanks in advance

Alex

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, but I'm not a native speaker. At least I
hope you understand what I want to say and ask.