The wrapper fun!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 7 05:24:31 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 13:19 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Friday 07 June 2013 11:14:42 Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > just for your interest, I've made all wrappers LD_PRELOADable.
> >
> > http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/uid_wrapper.git/
> > http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/nss_wrapper.git/
> > http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/
> >
> > They all have a testsuite now. There are still features missing (recvmsg()
> > in socket_wrapper e.g.) and the testsuites need to be improved too but it
> > works ...
> >
> > I've also have a working syscall() wrapper, w00t!
> >

> > I've started to change 'make test' to use uid_wrapper but it doesn't really
> > work yet.
>
> I had a bug in uid_wrapper. It's working!!!!

So now we can either run 'make test' with --enable-selftest and without?

I wouldn't want us to rely on LD_PRELOAD totally (very
platform-dependent), but being able to test the binaries that a
distribution such as debian or Fedora ship, which shouldn't be compiled
with --enable-sefltest is a really big win!

Beyond that, I look forward to being able to test things like bind, as
well as being able to force system libraries via socket_wrapper, so we
don't feel the need to reimplement them all.  (could allow testing of a
future MIT krb5 based Samba AD KDC).

Well done!