dbwrap_fetch_locked_timeout?

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Jun 5 01:27:32 MDT 2013

Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> writes:
> Hi, Rusty!
>
> With f6eb187fdab you added $SUBJECT. Right now I don't see a
> user of this API. The attached patch removes the code. Okay?
>
> If such a feature is required, I would rather implement a
> fetch_locked_send/recv pair. You can do the timeout variant
> with tevent_req_send_endtime and a nested event context if
> required.

OK, looking through my pile of convert-to-dbwrap patches (many of which
are obsolete, as they were done so long ago) I used this in
source3/lib/eventlog/eventlog.c and source3/printing/printing.c.

These both still use *timeout functions, though I think you're right
that it'd be better if they didn't.

I continue my slow sweep though Samba, converting databases to be
ntdb-capable (via dbwrap).  I can simply leave these until last.

Cheers,
Rusty.