sudo_only_local

alxgrb alexander.grober at nowcast.de
Tue Jun 4 06:12:13 MDT 2013

Hi all,

we have a Samba 4.0.6 DC on Ubuntu 10.04.4.
Since install/setup I have a strange problems with sudo from Ubuntu 12.04
clients.
I can login with ssh without problems (Example: ssh at servername), but the
server denied sudo command.
The sudo works only local on server console.

Errors:

On clients:
DEMO\testuser at server01:~$ sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool user list
[sudo] password for DEMO\testuser:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for DEMO\testuser:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for DEMO\testuser:
Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
I know the password is correct!

On Server (sudoers file):
%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
%DEMO\\system^administration ALL=(ALL) ALL

Server Samba4 config:
[global]
	workgroup = DEMO
	realm = OFFICE.DEMO.LAN
	netbios name = SERVER01
	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
	winbind use default domain = yes
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	idmap config * : range = 70001-80000
	idmap config NOWCAST : backend = rid
	idmap config NOWCAST : range = 10001-20000
	idmap config NOWCAST : base_rid = 0
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	winbind nss info = rfc2307
	winbind enum users = yes
	winbind enum groups = yes
	winbind nested groups = yes
	winbind refresh tickets = yes
	template homedir = /local/home/%ACCOUNTNAME%
	template shell = /bin/bash

Please help...

Thanks for the replies

Alexander