CTDB 2.2 problem

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 03:48:32 MDT 2013

Hi Stijn,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Stijn De Weirdt <stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be>wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i tried out the released ctdb 2.2, but a previously working setup gave a
> 'Timed out waiting for initialisation - killing CTDB' when starting the
> ctdb service.
>
> some details: OS is SL6.4 x86_64. i'm now running
> ctdb-2.1.0.147.ge143abd.devel-**1.x86_64
> without issues.
>
> the 2.2 rpm was created by rpmbuild -ta ctdb-2.2.tar.gz.

I have tested building RPMs on RHEL but not on SLES.  There could be some
issue with the packaging for SLES.

> during the start of it looks like ctdb walks through all events with init
> and setup, but then it all just stops.
>

> i attache a gzipped log of such a service start (created with setting
> CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL=5 in sysconfig/ctdb). hope this helps.

There's no CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL of 5. The highest level is DEBUG (4). But
usually you don't need to log at DEBUG level, NOTICE level (2) should be
sufficient.

The attached log appears to be incomplete and I don't see any timeout
errors in the log.  Can you rerun ctdbd with CTDB_DEBUGLEVEL=NOTICE and
CTDB_LOGFILE=/var/ctdb/log.ctdb?  And send the complete log file.

stijn

Amitay.