Internal DNS server. Failure, when a client a) registers an IP b) deletes that IP c) registers again

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 02:49:24 MDT 2013

On 1 June 2013 10:00, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-06-01 at 09:48 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> > Hi Ricky and Kai
> >
> > On 1 June 2013 09:39, Kai Blin <kai at samba.org> wrote:

 [...]

> > I was proposing to get rid of the following (IMO misleading) options:
> >
> > allow dns updates = yes
> > allow dns updates = true
> > allow dns updates = 1
> > allow dns updates = on
> > allow dns updates = enabled
> >
> > I was NOT proposing to get rid of the following:
> >
> > allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure
> > allow dns updates = nonsecure
> >
> > I hope that clarifies my proposal.
>
> Sounds like a very good idea.  I still think this applies:
>
> > > Patches are welcome.
>
> (and I would be very happy to give positive review to such a patch, if
> Kai concurred).
>
> Thanks :-)

Here are three trivial patches related to the above.  I hope you don't mind
them attached to the e-mail like this.

The first two are documentation patches that I believe make sense for 4.0.
 The third one is the one to remove the IMO misleading options for the
"allow dns updates" parameter.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>