ctdb-2.3-3.1 on SLES11 SP2: Timed out waiting for initialisation

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Jul 26 02:26:06 MDT 2013

Hello,

thanks for the great help in this list esp. to Martin.

Using the tips you gave to me regarding ctdb.socket,  ctdb 2.3 now works
fine.

So the root of my problems was after all only a non consistent path for
the ctdb socket file in ctdb and smb.

Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day
Rainer

Am 26.07.2013 03:49, schrieb Martin Schwenke:
>> Finally after running an strace on ctdb status I saw, that ctdb is
>> accessing /tmp/ctdb.socket allthough in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb CTDB_SOCKET
>> is set to "/var/lib/ctdb/ctdb.socket".  Looks like ctdb does not
>> evalueate this option in /etc/sysconfig/ctdb
>
> OK, the main problem is that ctdbd_wrapper does not export
> CTDB_SOCKET.  Sorry about that! This will be fixed in CTDB 2.4.
>
> In the interim, you can just add:
>
>   export CTDB_SOCKET
>
> to /etc/sysconfig/ctdb.

Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312
PGP: http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html,Fax: +49261287
1001312