Question about samba-3.6.17

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Jul 24 12:16:11 MDT 2013

Hi Jones,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:05:04PM +0800, Jones wrote:
> HI list, Karolin,
>
> Found 2 links,
>
> I would like to dig for further information, thanks.
>
> 1. v3-6-test
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v3-6-test

this is the release preparation branch. These patches will go into the
next bugfix release (if there is no security release in between). This
branch will be frozen 1 week before the next release. Patches that fix a
bug report and are reviewed will be pushed into this branch on a regular
basis. It can be used for testing upcoming releases.

> 2. v3-6-stable
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v3-6-stable

This is the final release branch. It should contain only released stuff
and the release tags. Once the release preparations are done in the test
branch, they will be pushed to the stable branch directly before a
release.

> Regards,
> Jones
>

> 2013/7/23 Jones <jones.kstw at gmail.com>
>
>     Hi list, Karolin,
>
>     https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_3.6
>
>     Per release planning,
>
>     planned release date for samba-3.6.17 is 2013/Aug/14.
>
>     This might be non-regular question,
>
>     if I really wonder what BUG id would be fixed and ready-to-released for
>     samba-3.6.17,

You can checkout the test branch and search with 'git log' for the changes
since the last release.

>     is there a way to figure them out,
>
>     or something is in progress for samba-3.6.17 ?
>
>     I am trying to poke the samba bugzilla site but with no luck,
>
>     https://bugzilla.samba.org/
>
>     any search how-to is appreciated,
>
>     thanks for kindly help.

I hope that helps a bit!