Problem related to ID_TYPE_BOTH -Need suggestion

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 19 03:13:33 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 13:48 +0530, Abhidnya S Joshi wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I think that still wont solve issue during NFS access. Also even though
> Samba works fine with a user being treated as group while putting ACLs,
> with this every user will always be treated as group. I think this looks
> little odd.

Yes, it looks odd, but this is how we have decided to handle IDMAP_BOTH.
Given the users are going to come via winbind (in order to have got an
IDMAP_BOTH in the first place), it seems reasonable just to fix
nss_winbindd.

The alternative is to double to size of the ACL by having both UID and
GID entries for every IDMAP_BOTH result.