samba+ctdb,Input/Output error (with Linux cifs filesystem)

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sat Jul 13 03:55:14 MDT 2013

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:48:42 +0800, shuai li <lishuai.ujs at gmail.com>
wrote:

>            I build samba+ctdb environment with 3 machines,the machine
> 192.168.4.79 acted as client,machine 192.168.4.88 and machine 192.168.4.237
> acted as glusterfs and ctdb server,during the copy operation on client,I
> shutdown a server to verify ctdb's virtual IP drifting.But after the
> shutdown operation,Input/Output error occured on client. [...]

I'm not sure if cifs client filesystem will retry after a disconnect.
Other people on this list will be able to give advice about that.

I think that's the most likely issue.  You could check a couple of
things:

* What does the ARP table on the client say after the failover?  Does
  it match the NIC on the new node hosting the IP?

* Do you see the CIFS connection get reset if you do a tcpdump or
  similar?

This certainly isn't a configuration I have tested.  For Linux clients
I have tested NFS.

peace & happiness,
martin