How to know the authenticating DC for a member server.

HEMANTH THUMMALA hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:59:02 MDT 2013

Hi All,

We have a Samba server in a multi-DC AD environment. There are 2 domain
controllers serving for the same domain. we have used "net ad join" command
to join our samba server to domain. Join is successful. But how would we
know to which DC current samba server is talking to.

"net ads info" details are keep on changing at regular intervals. Is there
any other way to know the DC information with which our machine is taking
to for all authentication requests. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Hemanth.