BUG Commit Message

Fri Jul 12 07:29:08 MDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 09:23:50AM -0400, simo wrote:
> > What if someone decides after a patch went into master that
> > we want this in a release branch? Do we push -f an updated
> > master then?
>
> No, what is done, is done.

If we make the bug number a requirement for commit messages,
this means that public review must include the assessment
whether this is worth a bugzilla entry. The reviewer then
should push back and make the patch author do the bugzilla
entry first, so that we don't end up without a bug number in
a commit message.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de