[Announce] CTDB 2.3 available for download
amitay at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:35:48 MDT 2013
Changes in CTDB 2.3
* 2 new configuration variables for 60.nfs eventscript:
See ctdb.sysconfig for details.
* Removed DeadlockTimeout tunable. To enable debug of locking issues set
* In overall statistics and database statistics, lock buckets have been
updated to use following timings:
< 1ms, < 10ms, < 100ms, < 1s, < 2s, < 4s, < 8s, < 16s, < 32s, < 64s, >=
* Initscript is now simplified with most CTDB-specific functionality
split out to ctdbd_wrapper, which is used to start and stop ctdbd.
* Add systemd support.
* CTDB subprocesses are now given informative names to allow them to
be easily distinguished when using programs like "top" or "perf".
Important bug fixes
* ctdb tool should not exit from a retry loop if a control times out
(e.g. under high load). This simple fix will stop an exit from the
retry loop on any error.
* When updating flags on all nodes, use the correct updated flags. This
should avoid wrong flag change messages in the logs.
* The recovery daemon will not ban other nodes if the current node
* ctdb dbstatistics command now correctly outputs database statistics.
* Fixed a panic with overlapping shutdowns (regression in 2.2).
* Fixed 60.ganesha "monitor" event (regression in 2.2).
* Fixed a buffer overflow in the "reloadips" implementation.
* Fixed segmentation faults in ping_pong (called with incorrect
argument) and test binaries (called when ctdbd not running).
Important internal changes
* The recovery daemon on stopped or banned node will stop participating in
* Improve cluster wide database traverse by sending the records directly
traverse child process to requesting node.
* TDB checking and dropping of all IPs moved from initscript to "init"
event in 00.ctdb.
* To avoid "rogue IPs" the release IP callback now fails if the
released IP is still present on an interface.
Reporting bugs & Development Discussion
Please discuss this release on the samba-technical mailing list or by
joining the #ctdb IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
All bug reports should be filed under CTDB product in the project's
Bugzilla database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).
The source code can be downloaded from:
http://git.samba.org/?p=ctdb.git;a=summary (Git via web)
More information about the samba-technical