SUSE Linix 11.2 LDAP to AD

Pavetto, David david.pavetto at hp.com
Wed Jul 10 10:04:10 MDT 2013

Hello all;

I work for HP as a engineer/architect

I have been working on a project that needs or wants LDAP from a SUSE Linux 11.2 to point to AD 2012. Authentication and automount works well, but we are having an issue passing the UID and GID from AD to the Linux serves. Every time I login I get a UID over 10000 the same with the UID.

What I need is for the GID and UID to match what is AD.

I am using Samba for authentication

Is there a file that states this, beside the samba.conf file

Has anyone come across this before and is there a fix for it.

Thanks

Dave