Seeing Kerberos auth of the machine account failing while NTLM auth is succeeding

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 19:18:27 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

We are seeing a situation with Samba 3.6.6 where Kerberos
authentication of the computer account is failing with PREAUTH failed
(basically, the password is wrong) but it is succeeding via NTLM.

Rejoining the domain seems to fix the problem, which I guess is expected.

However, what I would like to know is is there a way to determine when
the computer account's password was changed in the KDC?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe