Debug output in ntlm_auth

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Thu Jul 4 07:57:55 MDT 2013

I was unable to obtain any debugging information from ntlm_auth in 4.0.7
(and other versions as well).

It seems to me that source3/utils/ntlm_auth.c is missing
POPT_COMMON_SAMBA in struct poptOption long_options (line 2742).

Adding POPT_COMMON_SAMBA just before POPT_COMMON_VERSION gives the
expected debug output to stderr using -d or --debuglevel. --log-basename
needs some less trivial work. Unknown options are ignored without errors.

It also seems to me that source4/utils/ntlm_auth.c is unused.

Hope this helps,
				Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate