If I modify BUILTIN\Administrators in the AD Users and Computers tool ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:57:04 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

If I modify BUILTIN\Administrators using the AD Users and Computers
tool to add a local or domain user to that group, is it expected that
this would apply to all DCs and Member Servers and Clients joined to
the domain?

I would say no, since these the BUILTIN groups are local to each
machine. However, it is possible that there is something that rolls
these changes out to all DCs in the domain, perhaps.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe