Please test v4-0-test for the AD DC!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jan 30 05:37:03 MST 2013

As Karolin has mentioned, we are planning 4.0.3 for next Tuesday.

Now would be a really good time for users with test environments to test
out the v4-0-test branch.

A *lot* of changes have recently been made in master, and backported to
v4-0-test that will make Samba 4.0 as an AD DC a much more reliable
product.

In particular, use of 'acl:search=false' is no longer required, and we
provision with the correct access control list values by default, and
honour the ACLs correctly.  Older installations will need to run
'samba_upgradeprovision' to have our automatic tool fix the existing
databases.

We also fixed many issues around FSMO role transfer, and DRS replication
stability.

These few days give us a chance to ensure it all really works before we
unleash 4.0.3 on the world, and any assistance you can all provide would
be most valuable.