FILE_OPEN_REPARSE_POINT should return STATUS_NOT_A_REPARSE_POINT on any Create request, surely?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:53:09 MST 2013

Hi folks,

it turns out that there is a program called linkd.exe in the resource
kit. This program seems to succeed but gives interesting results.

I suspect that this is because create_file_default should check
create_options for FILE_OPEN_REPARSE_POINT and return
STATUS_NOT_A_REPARSE_POINT at some time once we have determined that
the file exists, or it should return STATUS_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe