Benefits of having a samba-latest.tar.gz for Samba4

Julien Kerihuel j.kerihuel at openchange.org
Thu Jan 24 06:56:48 MST 2013

Good afternoon all,

In a day or so, the OpenChange team will release a new version of
openchange. It actually works smoothly with samba-4.0.1 and we can't see
any reason why it wouldn't work with samba-4.0.2 as well.

The problem is we can't postpone our release and samba-4.0.2 won't be
around yet when it's done.

We would really appreciate users building openchange from sources to be
able to grab latest samba4 tarball available unless specified otherwise.

There is a samba-latest.tar.gz that binds to Samba-3.6.10.

Would it be possible to have something similar for samba4 releases?

Kind Regards,
Julien.

--
Julien Kerihuel
j.kerihuel at openchange.org
OpenChange Project Founder

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79