CTDB and the road ahead.

Tue Jan 22 01:29:44 MST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 03:41:16PM -0600, Taylor, Jonn wrote:
> On 01/20/2013 08:18 PM, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> >On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:27:52 -0600, "Christopher R. Hertel"
> ><crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> >>With my vendor hat on (and you know what color that is), I need to be able
> >>to identify a release of CTDB to ship with products.  I can back-port fixes,
> >>as needed, but I need a foundation from which to work.
> >There isn't much (any?) feature development being done.  Most of
> >the changes we're making are bug fixes, performance improvements or
> >code cleanups to improve maintainability.
> What are the plans for CTDB to be used on a AD DC cluster on the new
> 4.0? I currently am running a 2 node cluster (samba 3.6+CTDB, DRDB
> active/active on CentOS5) that I would like to upgrade to 4.0 with
> AD but the notes say that this is not recommended.

This is not a ctdb issue. ldb needs to be made ctdb-aware,
so that it can run its databases in a cluster. I am not
aware of anybody actively working on it, but to get a fully
HA AD DC as you have it in mind it is necessary.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de