Using talloc in an embedded windows project

Rodney Elliott rodney.elliott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:00:39 MST 2013

Sorry about that - my first time using a mailing list. I am hitting reply to all
on this one.

Using python 2.6 on another PC, I get the following error:

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\talloc-2.0.8>python .\buildtools\bin\waf config
ure
Checking for program gcc or cc           : not found
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\talloc-2.0.8\lib\replace\..\..\buildtools\
wafsamba\wscript:213: error: could not configure a c compiler!

This may be caused by the fact that my IDE installs its own version of ARM
GCC 4.4.1, and so when waf looks in the place it expects the compiler to be,
it cannot find it. I looked in my IDE directory, and there is a huge amount of
GCC-related stuff that may be what waf is looking for - for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.2\PSoC Creator\import\gnu_cs\
arm\4.4.1\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.4.1\include

Contains a lot of standard header files.

However, not knowing exactly what waf is looking for (an executable, *.a file
etc) I do not know for sure.

Kind Regards,

 - Rodney