Samba "FIX MY PRINTER" day ahead!!!

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Jan 15 05:56:59 MST 2013

Hello,

coming Thursday and Friday (Jan 17th and 18th) we plan to do a bug hunting day
for printing related issues. We invite everyone (developer, admin, user) to
help us to fix and sort out printing bugs.

There are a lot of ways you can help us. One of them is to test Windows issues
against the latest Samba version and open bugs if you discover problems. The
other is that you can go trough the bug list [1] take a look at each bug and
check if the information provided are complete. Remember the first aim of a
bug report is to let the developer see the failure with their own eyes. You
can try to reproduce the problem and give detailed instructions. Take a look
at [2] for a small howto.

David and I will probably meet and sit together. We will try to fix bugs and
add support for Windows 8.

Join us at #samba-bughunting @ irc.freenode.net

Cheers,

	-- andreas

[1]
https://bugzilla.samba.org/buglist.cgi?product=Samba%203.6&component=Printing&resolution=---
[2] http://xor.cryptomilk.org/samba/reporting_samba_bugs.txt

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org