[Samba] NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY when browsing file server on Belkin modem

Mon Jan 14 02:47:06 MST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 05:11:50PM +1100, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
> >>The attached patch to Samba master might fix this. What is
> >>your Samba version? I did not find this in the initial
> >>posting.
>
> Thank you, that patch did the trick.
>
> Will this patch be incorporated into future releases of samba?

... moved to samba-technical.

Well, not sure. I do not know the history of Samba deciding
the info level for trans2 findfirst based upon whether the
server supports NT SMBs. The Belkin machine does not support
those, but does not support info level 1 either. As Windows
seems to do exactly that, it might be good to do the same.

Jeremy, what do you think?

Does anybody else have an idea which servers do not support
info level 260, and how we can detect them?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de