Import Users from AD to Samba4

Sabdhagiri sabdhagiri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:40:31 MST 2013

Hi,

I have setup a Samba4 Domain and I have an existing Microsoft Active
Directory domain. I want to migrate the users from AD domain to my Samba4
domain.

I exported certain user accounts from AD as an LDIF file using ldifde
command in Windows. Now I am trying to import the users in Samba using the
ldbadd command as follows:

*/usr/local/samba/bin/ldbadd -H private/sam.ldb ~/exportuser.ldif
--option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true*

and it just returns back an output saying that 0 records added successfully.
I just edited the LDIF file to change the domain to match my samba4 domain
name. are there any logs to look at ? I don't have any clue on why ldbadd
couldn't add the user to samba4 or am I doing any mistakes.

Details on Setup:

AD - Windows Server 2008( Domain -swift.com )
Samba Domain - CentOS 6.3 with Samba4 ( Domain - samba.poc.local )

Attached the ldif file used for importing one user. exportuser.ldif
<http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/file/n4642631/exportuser.ldif>

A two-way transitive trust has been established between these two domains,
not sure if that has got anything to do.

Thanks