Knowing in the VFS when we are dealing with different SMB requests ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:47:06 MST 2013

Hi folks,

We think that we would like to know in our VFS when Samba is
processing a different SMB than the last one. This will allow us to
throw away any cached info.

It seems that there are two ways to do this:

1. Introduce a VFS function saying something like Next Request and its
MID is XXX, or,

2. Pass the MID into each VFS call somehow ...

The problem I have with the first approach is that AIO and tevent has
the potential to make it impossible to reliably know which request you
are dealing with.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Regards,