I need some help with migration

Максим Мельников m.melnikov at teorema.info
Sun Jan 6 05:06:52 MST 2013

Hello SambaTeam,

I need to migrate users from Mac OS X 10.5 OpenDirectory with Samba Version 3.0.25b-apple as PDC to any Active Directory node, for example, using Samba4.
I want to avoid resetting the ACLs on all of our shared folders in the windows servers, there are a lot.
I tried to do the http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/classicupgrade/HOWTO , "Upgrading on a New Server" and "Upgrading In Place" parts, but I didn't get source users in the new AD from *.tdb files.

Can you give me some special HOWTOs or advices for this direction?

Thank in advance.

Regards,
Maksim Melnikov
support engineer