samba4.raw.notify.mask(dc) takes 97.668 seconds

Thu Jan 3 01:33:19 MST 2013

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 09:39:16PM -0800, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi tridge,
>
> I was looking a bit more closely at the length of each testsuites (using
> the script from this change:
> http://git.samba.org/mat/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commit;h=5fe11f654ffbda913a03dec7045d850ca4866c2c)
> when I realize that the samba4.raw.notify took 104 seconds on my test box
> which is quite ok (8 cores, lots of ram, ramdisk for the whole samba source
> tree, ...) and most of this is the mask test.
>
> Do you have any idea why is it so ?

Sure, this is because notifies are asynchronous. To verify
that something has not triggered you have to wait. The way
to improve time of this is to make the test parallel for the
different masks, probably via tevent_req jobs.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de