Problems setting up (fresh) Samba 4 installation

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 3 00:40:27 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 22:16 -0800, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 01/02/2013 07:39 AM, Mark Pilant wrote:
> > Greetings.  I'm in the process of trying to set up an environment to test
> > the recent
> > Samba 4 release.   BTW, I'm doing all the building & testing on a RHEL 6.3
> > system.
> >
> > Following the  Samba 4 HOWTO here:
> >
> > 	http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
> >
> > everything works fine until I get to "Step 7: Configure DNS".  The problem
> > is none of the Samba specific DNS records (i.e., SRV entries from
> > dns_update_list) are present.
> did you use the the internal dns server or the bind dlz one ?
>
> Can you post the result of the dns requests ?
>
> Are you sure that your /etc/resolv.conf is updated ?

Also, does:

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = <ipv4 address> 127.0.0.1
help?

I've seen a number of folks have an IPv6 issue that causes the DNS
server and KDC to shut down to to NT_STATUS_ADDRESS_NOT_ASSOCIATED.  I
don't know why this has suddenly come up, but it would be helpful to
isolate or eliminate this issue here.