patch: Make Samba respond more like windows with respect to invalid, etc, flags on OPEN

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Feb 26 17:52:34 MST 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:20:59PM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Richard Sharpe
> <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Here is a better patch ... please critique it.
>
> Sigh, testing showed that a small change was needed.

Ok, my problem with this is it's duplicating
the define NTCREATEX_OPTIONS_INVALID_PARAM_MASK
in source3/include/smb.h which already exists in
source4/libcli/raw/smb.h.

Now both these defines already exist :-), so it
doesn't make it worse. But what I'd like to
do is to unify them all inside source4/libcli/raw/smb.h
and then remove them from source3/include/smb.h so
we only have one (correct) definition of:

NTCREATEX_OPTIONS_MUST_IGNORE_MASK
NTCREATEX_OPTIONS_NOT_SUPPORTED_MASK
NTCREATEX_OPTIONS_INVALID_PARAM_MASK

and your additional :