EXPERIMENTAL: tevent_kqueue support

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Feb 22 12:46:31 MST 2013

Hi Jeremy,

>>> We already had a epoll_change_event(), which I renamed to
>>> epoll_update_event()
>>> and used in all places instead of using epoll_{add,mod,del}_event directly.
>>>
>>> I current epoll patchset is attached, please take a look, but don't push
>>> it to master yet.
>>
>> Ok, I'll run under test and wait for you to confirm you're
>> happy.
>
> Finally got time to look at this. Needs this additional
> patch to compile (but I'm sure you already knew that :-).

Yes :-)

I spend the last days, fixing some bugs that made autobuild unstable
when we use the poll backend. (About 30-40 private autobuilds...)

My current work in progress is available under
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-tevent2
and
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master4-tevent2

I'll try to add some more tests which test the specific behaviors
regarding triggered events,
e.g. that an event without flags and remaining bytes in the socket
doesn't cause
a 100% cpu loop and similar things.

metze