adding reviewed-by tags (semi)automatically

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Feb 22 03:41:03 MST 2013

On Friday 02 November 2012 16:48:12 Michael Adam wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Michael,

> I was looking for a means of easily adding Reviewed-by: tags
> to commit messages without the need to do a lot of typing.

Here is another (simpler) way to do it.

Attached is a file named: git-add-reviewed-by

Put that file in ~/bin and make it executable. Then edit your ~/.gitconfig
file and add a new alias

arb = filter-branch --msg-filter ~/bin/git-add-reviewed-by

If you want to add it to the last 10 patches, call

git arb HEAD~10..HEAD

To just add it to the top patch you have to call:

git arb HEAD~1..HEAD

but you can add another alias for that:

arbh = filter-branch --msg-filter ~/bin/git-add-reviewed-by HEAD~1..HEAD

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org