howto compile samba with with -fpie and linked with -pie!

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:41:27 MST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to package samba on the open build service, but it keeps
complaining about "non-position-independent-executable", and on the
website ( http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_checks#non-position-independent-executable
)
they claim I need to set

 export SUID_CFLAGS=-fPIE
 export SUID_LDFLAGS=-pie

and that I need to  pass

  write_CFLAGS = $(SUID_CFLAGS) $(AM_CFLAGS)
  write_LDFLAGS = $(SUID_LDFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS)

to the Makefile.am

Is there a way to get configure to do this for me ?

The workaround is to make the buildservice ignore this error, but I
like to keep it within the rules of proper packaging on the
buildservice, since it usually bites you in the future when you don't.

Regards
Rob