classicupgrade fails due to IDMAP version mismatch ?

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Fri Feb 15 04:41:41 MST 2013

Hello all,

I am stuck on this problem. I have setup an isolated test environment containing the samba4 server, and three windows test clients. These 3 test clients are members of my old domain MYDOM at my Samba3 PDC. I moved them to my isolated test environment, because I want to perform a classic upgrade onto a new server. I have red the HowTo many times and did everything as described. As soon as I am doing this command on my samba4 server:

"samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/var/lib/samba  --use-xattrs=yes --realm=ad.mycompany.com /etc/samba/smb.conf"

I get following error at the end (see http://pastebin.com/GBYtZryk)

RiXtEr told me to remove or rename /var/lib/samba/winbindd_idmap.tdb. I did so by rename it to /var/lib/samba/winbindd_idmap.tdb.OFF
After this change I removed /usr/local/samba/private and /usr/local/samba/etc and did rerun the classicupgrade command.

The resulting ending line of the classic domain upgrade was:
set_nt_acl: chown /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/ad.mycompany.com/Policies/{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}/MACHINE. uid = 0, gid = 512.

But the problem is that my test clients cannot logon to the new samba4 server, although all the tests described in the HowTo were OK. I also can access from the windows test clients the share on \\samba4\netlogon and also \\\netlogon or even the sysvol share works, too.

If on the windows client, I change the computer membership to WORKGROUP, rebooting, and then joining again to MYDOM it works. The windows client is registering correctly to the samba4 server and I can use the domain. But thats not intended, because normally one would expect, that the client can logon to the new samba4 server as I did the classis upgrade migration to a new server.

I am really stuck with that problem, and do not know why:

1.) the classicupgrade fails with the above showed pastebin (UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION ERROR)
2.) and why the windows cannot logon to the new samba4 server after the classicupgrade.

I really appreciate any help, thanks again to RiXtEr for support. Hope you all can help me fix this, as I am really stuck and dont know how to continue. THANKS TO ALL!

Lucas