S4 Cannot Unlock Account

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:28:57 MST 2013

On 12 February 2013 23:03, Thomas Simmons <twsnnva at gmail.com> wrote:

> I figured out a way to correct this via RSAT, though I still think there is
> a problem - I'm sure checking "Unlock Account" should, well, unlock the
> account. Anyhow, In RSAT, if you select "View" > "Advanced Features", you
> will get an "Attribute Editor" tab in each user's properties. You can then
> alter the userAccountControl attribute. It even shows 528 as (LOCKOUT |
> NORMAL_ACCOUNT).

If "Unlock Account" does not do the right thing you should probably
create a bug report in bugzilla with the details.

e.g.:

* What is userAccountControl set to initially?

* Can you log in?  What errors do you get?

* What you do to "unlock" the account?

* What is userAccountControl set to now?

* Can you log in?  What errors do you get?

etc.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>