S4 Cannot Unlock Account

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:30:19 MST 2013

The way I understand it, 512 is "normal account" (my account is set to this
and is fine). 16 is "locked out". 512+16=528, so 528 is a normal account,
that is locked out. 2 is "disabled" and if I disable my account, it adds 2
(514). The real problem is that I cannot find a way to change this back to
512 without manually altering the value in LDAP. I believe this may be a
bug - there should be some way to do this via RSAT or samba-tool
(preferably both). I just ran an ldapsearch and see I have 4 accounts out
of ~300 that have this attribute set to 528 - possibly something left over
from S3 or the migration process? I also had a few accounts with values
other than 512. A few were 6XXXXX - which appears to be correct as these
accounts are set to "never expire". In any event, thank you.