S4 Cannot Unlock Account

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:03:52 MST 2013

Hello Ricky,

These do not seem to work. samba-tool user setexpiry alters the
"accountExpires" attribute. samba-tool user enable/disable's behavior is
odd. disable appears to add 2 to the current value and enable subtracts 2
from the updated value (only if it's been disabled). Like this:

Running the following on my account, in this order:
initial = 512
enable =  512
disable = 514
disable = 514
enable = 512
enable = 512

If I manually set this value to 516 (don't know if that's valid) and run
disable, it gets set to 518.

The account that is set to 528 gets set to 530 when I disable. Enable sets
it back to 528.