During signed dyn. DNS updates with the internal DNS server a TSIG error is flagged

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 11 22:40:53 MST 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 07:10 +0100, Günter Kukkukk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the following i'll describe my findings about the dyn. DNS update
> failure message, seen when the internal DNS is used.

> I wrote a 2nd UGLY test .... posted it somewhere to a pastebin....
>    http://pastie.org/6100631
> to let Andrew and Kai have a look.
> This code was _never_ meant as a patch to the samba source!
>
> But the best news FOR ME is, that i think that today (!!!) i found the RFC
> where all that is written down:
>    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2845.txt
>
> Could have saved me hours - but i don't count them .... :-)
>
> I hope, that these findings can help to improve the samba code.

Thanks Günter,

I actually think better of your patch than you do.  The endian stuff is
probably just in need of a byte order macro, and the rest actually looks
reasonable.

I'm happy to take this however you and Kai want - to clean up the patch,
or the work with you to clean it up, or whatever.

I do very much appreciate you looking into this so long and so hard, and
for your patience.

To avoid it going away with a paste expiry, I attach your original
patch.