SMB2_GETINFO and multi-volume shares.

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Thu Feb 7 06:55:17 MST 2013

Comments from an IRC review with metze:

*<metze>* ira: why does the smb2 behavior differ from smb1

*<ira>* *metze*: I diverged them because I was not as confident of what the
SMB1 semantics should be.  If you're happy with merging them I'll do it.

*<metze>* they should always do the same I guess

*<metze>* but please also ask jeremy

*<ira>* It is the I guess that concerned me :).  So I took a conservative
path.

(Comments are reprinted with metze's approval.)

Jeremy, can you review this patch for the SMB1/SMB2 semantics please?  I'd
be happy to make them match, but I'm setup to test the SMB2 semantics, only.

Thanks,

-Ira