serverid(s)_exist, critical path work.

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Thu Feb 7 05:55:42 MST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 06:13:31AM -0500, Ira Cooper wrote:
> > >From Andrew Bartlett's review on IRC:
> >
> > Why remove TDB, isn't that a step backwards?
>
> To be honest, right now I'm in the mood to see this actually
> a step forward. fcntl sucks so badly that I would call it
> unusable. I am really ripping out my hair right now to
> replace it with something sane, although that turns out to
> be much more difficult than initially expected :-(

The gap TDB fills must be filled by "X".  The general comment is sound, the
specific instance... well... I wrote the patch.

Also note, I view what I'm doing as an "index" here, all the real data is
on the side, this is to speed up one very hot function.  The general
function of serverid.tdb should not be impacted.

Thanks,

-Ira