serverid(s)_exist, critical path work.

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 08:08:55 MST 2013

This patch should remove TDB from the critical path in serverids_exist, for
the non-clustered case.

This patch has NOT seen extensive testing.  It is a prototype meant to see
what people think about the concept.

For 3.6 a similar patch along with some other tweaking about doubled my
site's performance.  But this patch was a key part of getting there.  That
patch has been heavily tested.

Opinions?  I suspect that moving the check up the function would result in
the removal of some calls, but I don't think there's other significant
savings.

Thanks,

-Ira